Tuesday, December 21, 2004

 

DAVID POSTS?!?!

This is totally just filling in the blanks on one of Jeremy's posts, but maybe it'll get me started on some more posting here.

Favorite Bands (Top 5): Cult, Queensryche, Megadeth, Van Halen, Sevendust

Favorite Albums (Top 5): Queensryche "Operation:Mindcrime," Foo Fighters "There Is Nothing Left to Lose," Megadeth "Rust In Peace," Van Halen "Fair Warning," Sevendust "Seasons"

Favorite Songs (Top 5): Queensryche "The Killing Words," Van Halen "Sinner's Swing," U2 "Like a Song...", Soundgarden "Superunknown," Stone Temple Pilots "Lounge Fly"

First Concert: I think it was Paul Revere and the Raiders

First Concert that I went to on my terms: Offspring (Ixnay tour)

Concert that I wish I had seen: any Stone Temple Pilots gig where they were the only headliner

First Record I listened to: Green Day "Dookie"

First Record I bought: Weezer (blue)

Favorite Music Movie: "This is Spinal Tap"

Favorite Music Book: "Hammer of the Gods -- The Led Zeppelin story" Of course, it's sort of the only music book I'd read with any motive to finish the whole thing.

Favorite Music Television Show: "Behind the Music," "Headbangers Ball"

Favorite "Behind The Music" Episode: Def Leppard. It sparked a made-for-TV movie, for goodness' sake.

Favorite "guilty pleasure" song: Queensryche "Hand on Heart." So cheesy, but oh so great.

Favorite Music Writer: Stephen Thomas Erlewine, All Music Guide

The one band that I will always defend: Queensryche

Great Road Trip Albums: Pearl Jam "Ten," Tom Petty "Anthology: Through the Years" (both work great after concerts)

The Album You Should Listen To While Driving On The Coast: Mother Love Bone

The one band I should like, but don't: Dream Theater. It's kind of the whole timeless Queensryche vs. Dream Theater debate, but I have the feeling they just concentrate more on technicality to the fault of the songs themselves. Of course, I do need to listen to them more.

Best Song By An Actor: probably something Jamie Foxx did in the Ray movie

Most Overrated Band: Dave Matthews Band. They're great, don't get me wrong. However, I was on a college campus for the last four years. After about two weeks I got enough exposure to Bob Marley and Dave Matthews Band to the point where I could go eight years without hearing their material and it wouldn't faze me. Dave Matthews Band is great. But they're not as great as some would have you believe.
===

Holy crap, I've contributed to this place! Here's to hoping music can coexist better with my sports intake than it has been lately. Or at least hopefully I can conjure up some post material more often.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?