Thursday, November 11, 2004

 

A LITTLE BIT ABOUT ME...

Here at Rambling On Music, David and I strive to entertain our readers on a daily basis with our musical views. So, I think it's important for me to disclose my musical background.

Well, the only instrument that I've played with any legitimacy whatsoever in public is the recorder. I think I played it during the 4th grade. Good times. I think I learned the "Married...With Children" theme in no time with the recorder.

Oh, and I'm a decent air drummer as well. Even better times.

So, I'm going to do this in the style of the All Music Guide's Writer Bloc section. Enjoy:

Favorite Bands (Top 5): Alice In Chains, Rush, U2, Metallica, Sevendust

Favorite Albums (Top 5): Alice In Chains "Dirt", AC/DC "Back In Black", Van Halen "Van Halen", Green Day "Dookie", U2 "War"

Favorite Songs (Top 5): Rush "Vital Signs", U2 "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For", Alice In Chains "We Die Young", Deftones "Elite", Iron Maiden "Aces High"

First Concert: Oak Ridge Boys with Williams & Ree

First Concert that I went to on my terms: EMP Grand Opening featuring Metallica, Eminem, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Kid Rock, and Filter

Concert that I wish I had seen: Alice In Chains (I did see Jerry Cantrell at Bumbershoot in 2002, though)

First Record I listened to: Guns N' Roses "Appetite For Destruction" (at the ripe ol' age of 6)

First Record I bought: Stone Temple Pilots "Purple"

Favorite Music Movie: "Wayne's World"

Favorite Music Book: Motley Crue "The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band"

Favorite Music Television Show: tie "Behind The Music" and "120 Minutes"

Favorite "Behind The Music" Episode: Styx (paraphrasing the band's manager: "The worst show was in Dallas, no, wait. It was the next night in Houston!")

Favorite "guilty pleasure" song: Johnny Hates Jazz "Shattered Dreams" (AND NOW YOU'VE GIVEN ME, GIVEN ME! NOTHING BUT SHATTERED DREAMS, SHATTERED DREAMS! FEEL LIKE I COULD RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY, FROM THIS EMPTY HEART. YOU SAY YOU'D DIE FOR ME!)

Favorite Music Writer: All Music Guide's Stephen Thomas Erlewine

The one band that I will always defend: U2

Great Road Trip Albums: Jerry Cantrell "Boggy Depot", Rush "Different Stages", Deftones "Around The Fur"

The Album You Should Listen To While Driving On The Coast: Incubus "Morning View"

The one band I should like, but don't: Papa Roach (I saw them at Endfest in Bremerton in August 2000, and simply wasn't impressed. Oh well.)

Best Song By An Actor: Eddie Murphy "Party All The Time"

Most Overrated Band: The Strokes

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

I may update this list later, who knows.

But for the time being, I'll leave it like this.

For those about to rock, we salute you. Especially our veterans, past and present. Thank you.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?