Sunday, January 30, 2005

 

MUSIC IN THE CLASSROOM

Students at a North Carolina liberal arts college took a four-week course based on the music of country music star Martina McBride. The female-only Salem College in Winston-Salem, NC studied the lyrics of McBride's music for core values and themes that are often seen in life.

While I'm not a huge country music fan, this is one class I would consider taking, if they had offered this at a co-ed school. I'd definitely take a class on the history of metal. I could only imagine taking one of those scantron tests and having to answer a question such as "Who was the lead singer of Led Zeppelin?" A) Ronnie James Dio, B) Paul Rodgers, C) Robert Plant, or D) Brad Delp.

If you don't know the answer to the question I just brought up, please use this following link. You're welcome, by the way.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?