Friday, November 05, 2004

 

SONGS THAT YOU JUST DREAD

These are the songs that you would listen to while you're at the dentist's office. Or at the local supermarket shopping for spices. Or better yet, while you're shopping at Burlington Coat Factory.

Anyways, I bring to you the songs that you just dread. Well, songs that I dread. But you may dread them as well. Enough babbling, more rambling.

Celine Dion "My Heart Will Go On"
---You want to know the whole story about "Titanic"? Well, there's this boat. It sinks. A lot of people died. The end.

(Kate Winslet is great, however. She was the only reason why I didn't die while watching that movie. Yes, I watched it. Once. Not willingly.)

Bow Wow Wow "I Want Candy"
---Yes, I want candy. But there was something creepy about a band that featured a girl no older than 14 wearing next-to-nothing. Let's move on, please.

Cameo "Word Up"
---The epitome of crappy 1980s' soul music. But Korn's cover of "Word Up" rules.

Atlantic Starr "Always"
---Chances are, 80 percent of weddings from 1988 to 1992 featured this song. Let's just hope that when I get married (which won't be anytime soon), I won't have this song played at my wedding.

Shinedown "Simple Man"
---I posted a week or so ago that while Shinedown is a good band, they botched Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Simple Man". It's a shame, it really is.

No Doubt "Hella Good"
--David and I like to refer to this song as "Hella Crap". The Safeco Field DJ played this song non-stop for Mariners second baseman Bret Boone whenever he came up to bat. Brutal.

MxPx "Move To Bremerton"
---I'm a former resident of Bremerton. Whatever you do, don't move to Bremerton. At the same time, don't move to Arkansas either. (My friends down here will echo my sentiments)

Rupert Holmes "Escape (The Pina Colada Song)"
---I want to escape whenever I hear this song. I hate pina coladas as well.

The Knack "My Sharona"
---My my my my my my my my ears.

Good Charlotte "Girls and Boys"
---There's nothing good here. Nothing.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

This list is much longer, but there's 10 songs there that I just absolutely dread. I would have put Baha Men's "Who Let The Dogs Out?" in that list, but that would have been too easy.

Got any songs that you dread? Post them in the comments box or e-mail us at the addresses located on the sidebar.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?