Tuesday, November 23, 2004

 

MUSIC SHELLOUT

My music buys for today, aided very much by Circuit City's 15% off 3+ CDs coupon that was mailed out in their catalog circulars from a couple weeks ago (those coupons expire tomorrow)...

From Circuit City
Iced Earth The Glorious Burden
Pantera Far Beyond Driven
Iron Maiden Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

From Best Buy
U2 How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

I was fully anticipating Circuit City having the CD+DVD version of the U2 album at their Silverdale store but alas, they did not. They only had the CD alone selling for $8.99 each, which really isn't bad. Of course, when I did see the CD+DVD version at Best Buy, I saw that the DVD is 43 minutes long. Sue me, I thought it might be a little longer. Circuit City would have had the CD+DVD version on sale for $15.99, whereas Best Buy is selling it for $16.99. I got that version from Best Buy anyway. There aren't many bands I'd do that for, but U2's one of them.

As for Iced Earth, I just looked through some of the liner notes, and listened to a couple of songs...it's a very courageous/ballsy/brave/ambitious effort by Jon Schaffer. And Tim Owens has got some pipes, but you may know him as "Ripper." Sort of had a movie based on him and stuff, you know...
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?