Tuesday, November 09, 2004

 

FREE RAMBLE, TUESDAY 2 PLAY

VH1 Classic is an awesome channel.

Where else are you going to find back-to-back videos featuring Survivor's "Caught In The Game" and Iron Maiden's "Two Minutes to Midnight"? This situation actually happened one time. But as I said, VH1 Classic is an awesome channel.

Moving on...

---I'm a big fan of Velvet Revolver's debut album "Contraband". I got in June when it came out. It's in my stereo as we speak. But I don't plan on buying the re-issue of "Contraband". The re-issue will feature B-Sides from Velvet Revolver, including covers of Cheap Trick's "Surrender" and Nirvana's "Negative Creep".

I don't appreciate the record labels pulling this crap on the consumers. I already have the damn "Contraband" album. Why should I have to go out and pay another 14 bucks for this album, just so I can get extra songs? Here's an idea, sell the damn B-Sides on a separate CD and charge $5.99. You know, like the old days (more like a decade ago, but whatever). It just makes too much sense, however.

I still like Velvet Revolver though. They're good. Damn good. Please stay healthy, Scott.

---AHHHHH I'M IN A GLASS CASE OF EMOTION!!! Yeah, that's how I'm feeling right now when I read the news about System Of A Down delaying their new album until March 2005. Dammit. My "Toxicity" CD is wearing out. I need a new SOAD album soon. I mean, very soon. As some of the folks down here like to say, get-r-done, fellas.

---Three Days Grace "Home" is a damn good song. More "Home", less "Just Like You". Appreciate it.

---Kenny Wayne Shepherd is now singing. As ESPN's Brian Kenny says, "who knew?" But it's true. I'm not sure how much they're playing his new song "Alive" up in Seattle (David can answer this much better than I can, since I'm in Arkansas), but they're playing it down here a lot. With good reason. It's a damn good song. Welcome back, Kenny.

---Add "Dig!" to the list of great music movies. "Dig!" is a documentary that features the friendship/rivalry between the Dandy Warhols and the Brian Jonestown Massacre. The documentary chronicled a 7-year period between 1996 and 2003. While the Dandy Warhols received the praise and attention, the Brian Jonestown Massacre were undone by their lead singer, Anton Newcombe.

I saw this movie this past Saturday on the Sundance Channel. And it's on again tonight (check your local listings). It's a damn good movie.

---Did you know that the American Music Awards are on ABC this Sunday? Yeah, I didn't either. Award shows are meaningless. They don't determine what bands I listen to. The same goes for the Grammys.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Good Tuesday, everyone.

Ramble on.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?