Tuesday, November 23, 2004

 

FREE RAMBLE, PRE-THANKSGIVING EDITION

Be thankful for music.

---With No Doubt lead singer Gwen Stefani releasing her new album, "Love, Angel, Music, Baby", it brings up the question: What will happen to No Doubt? Personally, I've felt since 1996 that Stefani would ditch No Doubt and start her solo career. I'm shocked that it took her this long to release a solo album.

I think No Doubt is finished. The signs of a band breaking up? There's two signs. One, the band releases a greatest hits album. No Doubt did this in 2003. Two, the lead singer releases a solo album. Well, that came to fruition today.

I'm not a No Doubt fan. I crank up "Sunday Morning" and "Happy Now?" whenever I get the chance though. But for the most part, I think their work is hella crap, pardon the fake pun.

---U2 went around New York yesterday filming their video for "All Because Of You" on a flatbed truck. They then played a 30-minute show near the Brooklyn Bridge. Come to Arkansas, U2. This needs to happen.

---So Motley Crue is going to reunite, again. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the Crue's work. But I don't care for these reunion tours. Enough is enough.

---I'm a Lenny Kravitz fan. But dammit, he should have quit while he was ahead. I can't begin to explain how awful his current album, "Baptism" is. It's a shame.

---Alien Ant Farm's "These Days" video is the most underrated video of the past 5 years, bar none. You can't lose with a band who plays on top of a rooftop across the street from the BET Awards. This is another band that I wish would get more recognition. However, I think they will always be pigeonholed because of their "Smooth Criminal" cover. Too bad.

---Can I buy stock in "Velvet Revolver To Break Up" within the next 10-12 months? I want this band to stay together. But for some reason, I won't be shocked to see this happen.

---This thought popped up in my mind earlier today. With George W. Bush winning the election and therefore staying in Washington for the next 4 years, the anti-Bush songs are pretty much rendered meaningless. Let's be honest, Eminem's "Mosh" simply doesn't have the same feeling that it did, say, 3 weeks ago. The same can be said for Green Day's "American Idiot". The "redneck agenda" will be in effect for the next 4 years. No, I won't express my political views here, because quite simply, nobody cares. I wish somebody would tell these entertainers that same thing.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

If I don't post again before Thursday, Happy Thanksgiving.

If you're traveling this weekend, be safe.

Later, everybody.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?