Thursday, November 04, 2004

 

FREE RAMBLE, APPROVE THIS!

I speak for the majority of America when I say "I approve of the fact that this damn election is over with."

Before I go too far here, I'll stop the political talk. After all, we're all about rambling on music.

---On Thanksgiving Day in Detroit, John Mellencamp will perform at halftime of the Indianapolis Colts-Detroit Lions game. Mellencamp is from Indiana, so I have a feeling he will root for the Colts, even though his well-known hits such as "Jack and Diane" and "Hurts So Good" were popular before the Colts moved to Indianapolis in 1984.

He will sing "R.O.C.K. in the USA" and a new song "Walk Tall" from his new greatest hits album, "Words and Music: John Mellencamp's Greatest Hits". I'm a Mellencamp fan, so I'm going to get this album soon enough.

My favorite Mellencamp tracks, you're wondering?

Well, everybody and their mother loves "Pink Houses". So do I. But I'm a "Scarecrow"-"The Lonesome Jubilee" guy. My favorite Mellencamp track has to be "Lonely Ol' Night" from the 1985 "Scarecrow" album. However, 1987's "The Lonesome Jubilee" was pretty damn good in its own right. Tracks from "The Lonesome Jubilee" featured "Paper In Fire", "Cherry Bomb", and my second favorite Mellencamp track, "Check It Out".

To paraphrase Bob Slydell, "I'll be honest with you, I love his music, I do, I'm a John Mellencamp fan. For my money, it doesn't get any better than when he sings "Lonely Ol' Night."

It's a lonely ol' night
Can I put my arms around you?
It's a lonely ol' night
Custom made for two lonely people like me and you


---Yes folks, it is perfectly fine to listen to both John Mellencamp and Metallica. As I've said before, I'm not a music snob.

---I posted a link to LAUNCH last night (over in the sidebar). You want proof as to why LAUNCH is a great site? You can customize your own radio station. For instance, check out the last 5 songs that have played on my radio station:

White Stripes "The Hardest Button To Button"
Van Halen "Poundcake"
Rush "Mr. Soul"
U2 "Bad"
The Smithereens "A Girl Like You"

All you need is a Yahoo account. Check it out, if you haven't already.

---Ain't that America, for you and me? Ain't that America, something to see, baby? Ain't that America, home of the free, yeah. Little pink houses, for you and me.

---Yoko Ono has the #1 dance song in America right now. I have nothing left to say about this. Moving on...

---Is it me, or does it seem like that most 80s stations have just played the living hell out of Roxette's "It Must Have Been Love"? I mean, it never fails for me to listen to some portion of that damn song at least once a day. It's vexing.

---You know, Usher and Alicia Keys have this song out called "My Boo". You've probably heard it once or twice. You can't get away from it. I know I can't. But I only have one question about this damn song.

Does Alicia Keys really know how to rock?

---So Sammy Hagar says that he "never said he was leaving Van Halen". Love him or hate him, you have to respect the fact that Hagar is living the life. He's playing rock and roll for a living and he has his own tequilla. ONE SHOT, HEY! MAS TEQUILLA!

---Sevendust is going out on tour in December. No Arkansas dates mentioned, which is not a big surprise to me. I stated that Tool is on the top of my list of bands that I want to see live, but haven't seen yet. Well, Sevendust is the 2nd band on the list of bands that I want to see live that I haven't seen yet. For now though, I'll have to settle for their acoustic CD/DVD "Southside Double-Wide Acoustic Live".

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

I'll end this with a little bit of "Jack and Diane". You know it.

GONNA LET IT ROCK, LET IT ROLL
LET THE BIBLE BELT, COME AND SAVE MY SOUL
HOLD ON TO 16 AS LONG AS YOU CAN
CHANGES COME AROUND REAL SOON, MAKE US WOMEN AND MEN
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?