Thursday, November 11, 2004

 

THE DEFINITION OF SACRILEGE

Remember Jill Sobule, the woman who sang that god-awful song "I Kissed A Girl" in the mid-1990s?

Well, she's back.

And she's even worse now.

Oh, I can't even begin to explain this. But I'll try.

She has a new song out called "Cinnamon Park". Fine. But she basically rips off Chicago's classic "Saturday In The Park" in the process. As a diehard music fan, this pisses me off to no end.

You think Terry Kath thought over 30 years ago that some no-talent hack like Jill Sobule was going to rip off his work like this? I don't think he did. But here we are in 2004, and it has happened. I'm vexed.

I first heard "Cinnamon Park" the other night on Music Choice (check your local listings). I was on the verge of throwing something, it was that bad. I don't get too emotional when it comes to music, but if I don't like it, I'm going to say something about it.

Jill Sobule not only kissed a girl, she also butchered a great song in "Saturday In The Park". What a damn shame.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?