Saturday, November 13, 2004

 

COLLECTIVE SOUL IS BACK



The Georgia rock band Collective Soul is back with a new album, "Youth", to be released on Tuesday (Nov. 16).

Collective Soul left Atlantic Records to form their own record label, El Music Group. So in essence, they're "starting over". But judging from the 4 tracks I've heard from their official website, they still rock the house. (Click on the media/audio player and you'll get a player that not only plays their new tracks, but their past tracks as well)

The 4 new tracks that I've heard off of "Youth" are "How Do You Love", "Under Heaven's Skies", "Counting The Days", and "Better Now". "Counting The Days" is the first single off of the new album, but I'm loving "Better Now". The one thing I've always appreciated about Collective Soul is the vocals of Ed Roland. The man can sing. And if there's one thing that I always appreciate out of bands, it's the melody. I'm not a huge fan of bands that just scream. It's OK to sing a little bit, folks.

Whenever I get around to getting "Youth", I'll review it here. But in the meantime, I'll just listen to the media/audio player from Collective Soul's website.

BTW, the "Youth" album cover is right up there in "Lemonade and Brownies" territory.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?