Saturday, October 30, 2004

 

FREE RAMBLE, FRIDAY "I'M BORED AS HELL" EDITION

Halloween weekend is here.

My costume? Poor college student.

Thank you and good night.

No, I have some free rambling to do. Enjoy.

---I like A Perfect Circle. They've released two solid albums, "Mer De Noms" and "Thirteenth Step". But I'm so ready for a new Tool album. Do any of you realize that it's been almost 3 and a half years since there's been a new Tool album on the shelf? Then again, it took 5 years to release "Lateralus" after 1996's asskicking "Aenima", so maybe I shouldn't complain too much.

---If there's one band that I need to see live, it's Tool. I've already seen great bands live such as Metallica, Rush, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Korn, and Godsmack. But when Tool ever gets around to releasing a new album, I'm definitely going to see them live. I'll probably have to make a trip to Memphis to do that, but it will be worth it. Besides, Memphis is much better than Little Rock. Not that I've ever been to Memphis.

---While I hate the living hell out of their cover of Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Simple Man", Shinedown has earned my respect because of their outstanding track "Fly From The Inside". I had no clue that it was Shinedown who did this track until today. They're in Little Rock this weekend with Velvet Revolver, Chevelle and Earshot. Tickets are still available. No, I won't be going, unless in the next 36 hours or so somebody hooks me up with a ticket. (Shinedown official site audio link here)

---I was flipping through the channels on my TV earlier tonight and all of a sudden, I find Metallica's James Hetfield on CMT "Outlaws". Hetfield being on CMT doesn't really surprise me. But what gets me is how country acts Big & Rich and Gretchen Wilson are allowed to be on the same damn stage as Hetfield and Hank Williams, Jr. Same goes for Kid Rock, who for some reason is dabbling in country. What's next, polka, Bob Ritchie?

---What's in my head right now? Frankie Valli's "Grease", that's what. Grease is the word, is the word that you heard, it's got a groove, it's got a meaning. Grease is the time, is the place, is the motion. Grease is the way we are feeling. (If you hum "Grease" from here on out, go ahead and blame me. Like I care.)

---For the record, I love "Grease". But I hate "Grease 2".

---So Lindsay Lohan is launching a music career. That's just great, isn't it? It's not like anybody is going to focus on her, uh, vocals. Hey, I'm just being honest. Personally, the whole Lohan hypemachine ended for me when I found out that she was dating Fez.

Fez.

---You don't have to like Eminem, but you sure as hell better respect him for the fact that he has balls. Just check out his scathing video "Mosh", mocking our current President. Well, President for the next few days, hopefully.

---NO, WE ARE NOT A POLITICAL BLOG. THAT IS THE ONLY POLITICAL STATEMENT I WILL EVER MAKE HERE. TRUST ME. PLEASE, NO POLITICAL COMMENTS IN THE COMMENTS THREAD. THANKS IN ADVANCE. (caps off)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

On that note, I'll end this post.

Have a good Halloween weekend. Eat all the candy you can stomach. And well, ramble on and listen to some music.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?