Thursday, October 14, 2004

 

"DAREDEVIL" SOUNDTRACK

When the "Daredevil" soundtrack came out in March 2003, I stuck my nose up at it. I didn't think the soundtrack was going to be good at all. I didn't give the movie "Daredevil" a chance either.

But I'm here to tell you, I'm an idiot.

Sometimes, it is OK to be wrong. And boy, was I wrong here.

I picked up the "Daredevil" soundtrack earlier this week at my college bookstore. It was on sale, as the bookstore is trying to get rid of all of their CDs. I do feel sort of guilty for getting it on sale instead of paying full price for it, considering how much I like this album.

The "Daredevil" soundtrack features 20 tracks, clocking in at just over 74 minutes.

My favorite tracks off of the "Daredevil" soundtrack:
(track number, band name, song, review)

1) Fuel "Won't Back Down" --- A great opening track. "Won't Back Down" reminds me why I like Fuel. Easily their best song since 1998's "Bittersweet". If I were a stadium or arena DJ, "Won't Back Down" would definitely be played. I'm shocked that this song hasn't been used more in stadiums and arenas.

6) Drowning Pool with Rob Zombie "The Man Without Fear" --- This was Drowning Pool's first single since the death of their former lead singer Dave Williams. Rob Zombie did the vocals on "The Man Without Fear" and just proves once again that he indeed rocks. Listening to "The Man Without Fear", I couldn't help but think about whether Zombie should have joined Drowning Pool on a permanent basis. I digress.

7) Nappy Roots with former P.O.D. guitarist Marcos Curiel "Right Now" --- Nappy Roots and Marcos work very well together. Marcos was featured on Nappy Roots' rock remix of "Awnaw", from the "Watermelon, Chicken, and Gritz" album. Nappy Roots called on Marcos one more time, this time for the "Daredevil" soundtrack. "Right Now" is my favorite track off of the soundtrack. I've told anybody that would listen that P.O.D. minus Marcos equals sh*t. I will not debate this, because I know I am right on this issue.

9) Evanescence "Bring Me To Life" --- Let's just say that the "Daredevil" soundtrack helped this Arkansas band. Well, it certainly helped Amy Lee.

11) Hoobastank "Right Before Your Eyes" --- Somebody check my head, because I love this song. "Right Before Your Eyes" fits perfectly on this soundtrack. I don't think Hoobastank could have released this on any of their albums. It's almost a shame that "Right Before Your Eyes" wasn't a huge single, yet "The Reason" was.

18) Finger Eleven "Sad Exchange" --- The 2nd most underrated band in rock music today. The first one is Sevendust. But as far as these Canadians go, they are good. Damn good.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

I have not seen "Daredevil" yet. But I know that I'll give it more of a chance now that I've listened to the soundtrack. I'm interested to see how the music works in the movie.

Rating for the "Daredevil" soundtrack? I'll give it 4 out of 5 stars. As with every movie soundtrack, there is useless filler (Moby hello!). But in addition, most movie soundtracks have some gems. The "Daredevil" soundtrack is no different.

We appreciate all comments. Leave your comments in the comments box below. Appropriate comments only. No spam of any kind will be appreciated.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?